1and1 is one of the popular web hosting companies that was formerly known as 1&1 Internet. Now, it is owned and operated by United Internet— ‘a global internet service company’ in Germany to offer not only web hosting services but also to provide 1and1 webmail service, webmail builder packages, dedicated servers, cloud hosting, domain registration, SSL Certificates, and virtual private services, etc.
With that said, the recent popularity of “1and1” also known as 1and1 ionos webmail service encourages many across the world to have an account on the same.
However, there are many such non-tech savvy users who’re looking for a step-by-step guide on how to sign up and sign-in to 1and1 email account.
That being considered, we’ve come out with this guide to show you all how you can create, access and use your new 1and 1 email address. In fact, we’ve much more to provide you through this guide. So, let’s get started:
How to Sign-Up for 1and1 Email to Create a New 1and1 Email Address?
- Step 1: To sign up, first launch your preferred web browser on your respective device. Then, using this ‘https://www.ionos.com/’ URL, open the official site of 1and1 Email.
- Step 2: On the 1and1 Email website, locate the ‘Email & Office’ tab available at the top menu.
- Step 3: Once you’re able to find the same, click on it to select a ‘Professional Email Address’ from the appeared drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Following that, you’ll be offered with the packages that are available for 1and1 users. So, simply click on the ‘See Plans/ Packages’ option.
- Step 5: In doing so, three options for the packages will appear on the screen from which two are the ‘Basic Package’ and one is the ‘Business Package.’
- Mail Basic 1 ($1/month only)
- Mail Basic 1+ ($4/month only)
- Mail Business ($5/month only)
- Step 6: Out of the three, select any one plan that is perfectly suitable for all your needs and requirements. Once done with the selection of your choice, click on the ‘Continue’ button to move ahead.
- Step 7: Now, what you’ve to do is look for the ‘Domain’ that you need because with each package, one domain is provided.
However, in order to ensure that you select your desired domain, you need to enter your domain name and click on the ‘Check’ option to search whether the same is available or not.
If your required domain is not available then the website will show some of other alternatives from which you can choose as your suitability.
But, if it’s available then, just simply click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
- Step 8: Once you’ve done that, click on the ‘Continue’ button.
- Step 9: Now, click on ‘Create a New Account’ and as you do so, you’ll be prompted to enter some basic information such as name, city and residence in all the input text-fields. So, provide the same to create an account with 1and1email.
- Step 10: In addition, enter your name (just before ‘@’ sign) for your email address in the ‘Email’ text-field.
- Step 11: Similarly, enter a strong and unique password in both the ‘Password’ and ‘Confirm Password’ text-fields.
- Step 12: As you do so, your account will be created and once you’re done, you can select the ‘Automatically Forward’ option that helps you to send emails from your 1and1email server to your primary email address.
For instance, if you’re using Yahoo | Gmail as your primary email then, this option enables email forwarding to help you manage your 1and1emails on your Yahoo | Gmail account.
- Step 13: In continuation, you need to also enable the ‘Security Settings’ such as ‘Anti-Spam’ and ‘Premium Virus Protection’ to protect your webmail from any virus attack.
- Step 14: Upon doing so, just hit the ‘Save’ button to finally create your business or personal 1and1webmail account.
After creating your personal or business 1and1email account, your next step would be to get access to your newly created account.
[Note: Those who already have created a 1and1 account can skip the above-section and directly follow the below-given procedure for login.]
How to Sign-In to 1and1 Webmail Account?
You need to follow these below-mentioned steps for login to your new 1and1webmail account—
- Step 1: First you need to launch the web browser of your choice on your respective device to initiate the ‘Webmail.1and1 login’ process.
- Step 2: Then, type this link ‘http://www.1and1.com’ into your browser’s URL address bar and hit the ‘Enter’ button. In doing so, you’ll reach onto the official 1and1 web page.
- Step 3: There, all you have to do is click on the ‘Sign In’ link which is located in the upper right corner of the webpage.
- Step 4: Now, you’ll be directed onto the next webpage where you again need to click on the ‘Webmail Login Link’ of 1and1 email.
[Note: You can also directly access the webmail login page of 1and1 Email via this link https://email.1and1.com/ox6/ox.html.]
- Step 5: Following that, type your 1and1 account’s ‘Email Address’ and ‘Password’ on the login form.
- Step 6: Once you’re done entering, simply click on the blue colored ‘Log-in’ button but before that, you can also tick-mark the checkbox that reads— ‘Remember Me’ if you want to stay signed in on this particular device.
[Note: Alternatively, you can visit this particular https://login.ionos.com link and enter your 1and1account’s webmail credentials to sign in.]
So, these are the simple steps that you need to execute correctly to access your 1and1 webmail account’s inbox page.
How to Deal with or Get Rid of 1and1 Webmail Account Login Issues?
Albeit, using steps of the aforementioned section, you can easily get logged in to your 1and1 webmail account, but there are instances when you encounter trouble doing so.
This is because of facing login issues with your 1and1 webmail account. However, even so you don’t have to worry about the same as you can resolve various login issues by simply resetting the password of your account.
[Note: Resetting your webmail account password is one of the best approaches to deal with cases such as forgotten or lost password and hacked or compromised account security due to which you’re unable to access it.]
So, whenever you face such 1and1 webmail login issues, execute these below given procedure without missing out single step to successfully reset your 1and1webmail account password for regaining access to the same—
- Step 1: On the browser of your choice, open the official website of 1and1 webmail service using this https://www.ionos.com/ link.
- Step 2: There, click on the ‘Sign-in’ button from the upper-right corner of the screen to open the 1and1 web-login page.
- Step 3: On the same, type in your 1and1 account’s ‘Email Address’ or ‘Domain’ or ‘Customer ID’ inside the desired text-field.
- Step 4: Following that, select the ‘Forgot Your Password’ option and this will open a new page in front of you.
- Step 5: There, you’ve to again enter your ‘Email Address or Domain, or Customer ID’ in the respective text-field.
- Step 6: Upon entering the asked details, click on the ‘Request New Password’ option.
- Step 7: As you do so, you’ll receive a ‘Link’ onto your email address from the 1and1 server that you use to reset your 1and1 webmail password. So, copy that link from your email to open it in a web browser.
- Step 8: On the same, type a password in the ‘New Password’ text-field. [Note: While resetting your 1and1 email password, make sure to not use any of your old passwords. Instead, create a new, unique and strong password of 12+ characters of numbers, upper case, lower case, alphabets and special character combinations.
- Step 9: In continuation, again type in the same password in the ‘Confirm Password’ text-field for confirmation.
- Step 10: Once you finish typing and retyping your new webmail password, just click on the ‘Reset Password’ option and it will simply set it as your 1and 1 webmail account password.
Now, if you want to ensure the safety of your 1and1 webmail account to avoid hackers and spammers from targeting your account in the near future; you need to really look up for some pro-tips!
So, bearing that in mind, if you’re wondering “how to protect 1and1 Email account” then, without giving a second thought; one best tip to do so is to keep your password secured!
How to Secure Your 1and1 Webmail Account Password?
In order to keep your password secure, you need to make sure that your password has these following characteristics—
- It must have a long-phrase and a minimum of 12 to 14 characters otherwise your webmail password is considered weak that anyone can crack to hack your account with little effort.
- Make use of both capital and small letters in your webmail password.
- Next, you should make it more complex by mixing alphabets, numbers, special characters, symbols, upper and lower case letters, etc.
- Avoid using your personal information such as surname, date of birth, business or house name, or any dictionary word in your password as it will make it easy for hackers to guess it.
- Similarly, it is suggested that you should not share your password with anyone or save it in a file on your device instead use password-manager tools like LastPass that is secured with a master passcode to store and protect your password.
- Also, make sure that you use different passwords for your different login accounts and never use the same password for all.
- Last but not least, ensure updating your password weekly or on a regular interval of 30, 60 and 90 days in a complex, strong and secure combination like this—“Iw!llN3ver5#arew0rb@$$WYP.”
Still, if you’re worried about your 1and1 webmail security then, what best you can consider doing is setting up your 1and1 webmail account in any popular third-party email clients. By doing this not only you can maintain the security of your account, but you can also avoid facing any further web login related issues.
However, for that, it is important to know the correct server settings of 1and1 email service.
What Are 1and1 Mail Server Settings?
Here are the email server settings you need to use for your 1and1 account when you decide to manually configure it on email clients like Outlook.
[Note: The server setting of 1and1 email (like others) is different for both IMAP and POP protocol and out of the two, the former is way more advanced and flexible to sync emails across all devices than the latter. So, select wisely!]
1and1 Email IMAP Settings
To access your 1and1 email account on a respective email program using ‘IMAP Account-type,’ you’ll need the IMAP and SMTP settings listed below:
|Incoming Server [IMAP]||Outgoing Server [SMTP]|
1and1 Email POP Settings
To access your 1and1 email account on a respective email program using ‘POP Account-type,’ you’ll need the POP and SMTP settings listed below:
|Incoming Server [POP]||Outgoing Server [SMTP]|
That’s it! This is all about how you can sign up and login to your newly created 1and1 email account via web browser or via email program using 1and1 email server settings. However, if you need further assistance regarding the same, then we suggest you visit the site ‘Emailspedia.com.’ Once you visit the Emailspedia.com site, you’ll be offered almost everything you want to know about 1and1 email service including how you can deal with 1and1 email account ‘various errors and issues.’
Likewise, you can consider reading about the following sign-up and login guide:
- Contemplate Steps of This Guide to Sign-up & Log in to Apps.Rackspace.Com Webmail Account
- Look-Upon This All-Inclusive Guide to Log-in to Verizon.net Email Account!
- A Complete Guide One Require for Bigpond Webmail Login!
- Here’s How to Login to Comcast Email Account and Fix Comcast Email Login Issues!
- A Complete Charter.Net Email Login Guide!
- AT&T Sign-in Process Explained With Troubleshooting Tips
- Sign In Help to Easily Get Access to Bellsouth Email Account
- Bresnan.net Email Sign-in Process Explained In the Simplest Manner.