Summary: In this Article, you’ll get to read about —
Frustrated by encountering SBCGlobal login errors? Well, worry not because you’re not alone. Similar to any other email service, SBCGlobal users time and again must have come across plenty of SBCGlobal email problems especially related to its login failures. Acknowledging that, today we’ve come out with this post to bring in front of you the solutions against the “Can’t log into SBCGlobal email” issue along with the list of possible causes that triggers this annoying situation.
So, without wasting any minute further, let’s begin to know about the probable reasons or factors behind the occurrence of “SBCGlobal email login issues” and after that, you can enlighten yourself about their respective solutions.
List of Reasons behind SBCGlobal Email Account Login Failures
|Reason 1||SBCGlobal Server Outage|
|Reason 2||Entering of Wrong or Invalid Login Credentials|
|Reason 3||Hindrance from Third-Party Software and Security Programs While Logging in|
|Reason 4||Forgotten or Hacked SBCGlobal Email Password|
|Reason 5||Slow or No Internet Connectivity|
|Reason 6||The assemblage of Cache in Browser or Obsolete Browser|
However, right before you jump onto the below-mentioned solution-guide, let us acquaint you that the “Can’t access SBCGlobal email” situation usually occurs due to an erroneous login attempt. So, firstly try to login to your SBCGlobal email account with this correct 4-step login procedure—
Correct Procedure of SBCGlobal Email Login
|Step 1||On your respective device, open your preferred web browser.|
|Step 2||Visit ‘AT&T Mail login page’ by typing either ‘Att.net’ or ‘Att.yahoo.com’ in the URL address bar of the browser. [Note: As AT&T has acquired the SBCGlobal website, the login page of the latter has been changed to AT&T/ Yahoo login page only.]|
|Step 3||On the login page, enter the correct login credentials of your SBCGlobal email account in the ‘Password and Email ID’ text-fields.|
|Step 4||After you finish entering the login credentials of your account, hit the ‘Sign-in’ button to log into your SBCGlobal email account.|
Despite attempting the correct login procedure, if still “SBCGlobal Email Login Is Not Working” then, try these following solutions to resolve “SBCGlobal Email Account Login Failures” and get access to your SBCGlobal email account—
Troubleshooting Guide to Get Rid of SBCGlobal Email Login Failures
Solution 1: Check for SBCGlobal Server Outage
Whether you know or not, down servers of an email service can also lead to ‘cannot sign in’ issues. Hence, it is quite possible that if AT&T servers are down, you won’t be able to log-in to your SBCGlobal account. So, in order to know “Is SBCGlobal Email Down,” what’s advisable is to visit either of the following websites from your preferred web browser and search for server status of AT&T Service/Yahoo Service—
If the result indicates ‘Server Outage of AT&T Service’ then, avoid attempting to log into your SBCGlobal account and instead, wait for some time till the server starts operating again perfectly. On the contrary, if the server seems to be down only for you then, contact your local administrator for helping you fix the same.
Solution 2: Verify Login Credentials of Your SBCGlobal Account and Type Correctly
There’s no doubt that the login credentials of an email account act as a key for the account holder. So, similar to the fact that no one can open a lock using the wrong key so is the case with email accounts. You cannot get access to your SBCGlobal email account if you’ve attempted to log into the same with its wrong or incorrect login credentials.
Therefore, considering this could be a possible reason for not being able to log into your account, it is recommended that you verify the “Username/Email Address and Password” of your SBCGlobal.net account to ensure whether you’ve correctly entered them or not. If not then, without rushing in, retype them correctly and while doing so, keep these things in mind—
- Passwords are case-sensitive so, turn on and off the ‘Capslock and Numlock’ keys as per the need.
- Do not copy-paste the login credentials of your SBCGlobal.net account. Instead of that, type them manually. This way, you can avoid copying ‘Space character’, especially with your SBCGlobal password.
Solution 3: Uninstall Third-Party Software and Temporarily Disable Security Programs
At times, security programs (antivirus, firewall settings) and third-party software (plugins, media players, extensions) might hinder the secure connection between your device and SBCGlobal Server. So, to avoid that, generally, it’s better to uninstall such third-party software from your device as well as temporarily disable security programs like firewall and antivirus while doing login attempts.
[Tip: Alternatively, to avoid such interference from the available security programs and third-party software; you can open your SBC Global email account in your browser’s private window mode. For that, click on the ‘Three-dots’ and simply select ‘Incognito mode.’]
Solution 4: Reset Your SBCGlobal Email Password
You need to “Reset your SBCGlobal Email Password” if you “Forgot SBCGlobal Password” or in case someone has hacked it. To do so, execute these steps of the password recovery process—
- First and foremost, launch your preferred web browser on your respective device.
- Then, navigate onto the ‘SBCGlobal find your password page’ using this particular link “https://www.att.com/acctmgmt/fpwd/lander.” SBCGlobal uses the AT&T email login webpage for it. You’ve to simply paste this link in your browser’s URL address bar and hit the ‘Enter’ button.
- Once you reach the SBCGlobal find your password page, enter your SBCGlobal registered ‘Email ID’ along with your ‘Last Name’ in their respective text-field.
- Then, to initiate the process further, confirm that you’re a human by tick-marking the ‘I’m not a robot’ checkbox.
- After confirming the same, click on the ‘Continue’ button to direct yourself onto the subsequent page of ‘Password recovery methods.’
- On that respective page, you’ll see the following 4 password recovery methods—
|Method 1||Method 2||Method 3||Method 4|
|Receive a Verification Code via mail on your Secondary Email Address||Receive a Verification Code via SMS on your Registered Phone Number||Answer Your Security Questions||Get Temporary Password|
- Now, based on your preference, select anyone as your password recovery method and execute the on-screen instructions to receive the verification code.
- Once you receive a verification code, enter the same in the ‘Verification text-field.’
- In doing so, you’ll be navigated on the password reset page. There, all you have to do is enter a new password or the temporary received password in the ‘Password text-field.’ In continuation, confirm your SBCGlobal account’s new password by re-entering the same in the ‘Confirm-Password text-field.’
- And, as you finish entering the same, hit the ‘Continue’ button to complete the password reset process.
Now, open a new tab on your browser, and visit this ‘AT&T Mail Login Page’ to successfully log into your account with the help of your new SBCGlobal password that you’ve recently created.
[Tip: Consider changing your SBCGlobal password at regular intervals of 30, 60, or 90 days. By doing so, you can keep your SBCGlobal.net email account secure and easily avoid getting into such similar aforementioned situations in the future.]
Solution 5: Connect with Strong and Stable Internet Connection
There’s no rocket science in understanding that you can also experience login issues due to a slow or no internet connection. Therefore, you need to make sure whether the internet connection that your device is connected to has enough signal and strength to let you use your browser for accessing your SBCGlobal email account smoothly. If not then, simply reset your current network via—
|“Windows Start Menu > Control Panel > All Control Panel Items >Internet Options > Advanced > Reset > OK.”|
Other than this, you can contemplate reconnecting your device to a new strong, and secure network connection. Well, because even a weak or insecure network connection slows down your SBC Global email service and leads to such discussed problems.
Solution 6: Reset or Clear Your Browser’s Cache to Optimize It
No matter whether you prefer using a mobile or a PC, you need a browser for accessing your SBCGlobal email account via its webmail platform, isn’t it! But, do you know that even your browser’s cache and its incorrect settings; can sometimes act as a culprit behind why you’ve experienced login-related issues while accessing your SBCGlobal email account using the same.
So, in order to be sure about the same, try logging-in to your SBCGlobal email account in a different browser; and if you’re able to access your account on that respective browser then; you’ll have to optimize your browser that you prefer regularly using. To optimize your browser, execute these following steps—
- Go to your browser’s ‘Settings’ by clicking on the ‘Three-dots’ from the top-right corner of the screen.
- Then, select the ‘Privacy and Security’ option from the left sidebar.
- After that, click on ‘Clear browsing data’ to clear your browser’s cache, cookies, history, and other data.
Apart from this, you can also consider the followings tips—
- You can restore your web browser settings to original default via the ‘Browser’s Settings > Advanced Tab > Reset and Clean up’ option.
- Also, check if an update is available via “browser’s menu > help > about” to update your web browser with its latest version.
Well, these aforementioned 6 solutions will help you resolve the SBCGlobal email login failure issues. However, in case if all fails, try simply configuring your SBCGlobal email account in a desktop email client like MS Outlook. In doing so, you’ll be able to avoid SBCGlobal’s webmail login issues that you encounter while accessing your SBCGlobal account on its webmail client.
Solution 7: Configure SBCGlobal in Outlook ‘Desktop-Email Client’
To configure your SBCGlobal email account in the Outlook email client; you’ll require to use either of the following ‘IMAP Server Settings of SBCGlobal‘ or the ‘POP Server Settings of SBCGlobal’ for Outlook—
Outlook SBCGlobal Server Settings for ‘IMAP Account Type’—
|Incoming E-mail Server Hostname: imap.mail.att.net|
|Incoming Server Port: 993|
|Outgoing Email Server Hostname: smtp.mail.att.net|
|Outgoing Server Port: 465|
Outlook SBCGlobal Server Settings for ‘POP Account Type’—
|Incoming E-mail Server Hostname: inbound.att.net|
|Incoming Server Port: 995|
|Outgoing Email Server Hostname: outbound.att.net|
|Outgoing Server Port: 465|
[Note: If you face any problem in configuration then, learn how you can ‘Fix SBCGlobal Email Not Working with MS Outlook.’]
Well, not only on Outlook, but these settings will also help you configure SBCGlobal email account on iPhone or Android devices. So, you can take help from these settings when required.
That’s all! In doing so, you’ll most probably be able to completely get rid of ‘SBCGlobal email login issues.’