MS Outlook is one of the most used email services that is being admired for its flawless services. But sometimes Outlook keeps you from sending emails due to various reasons. Here below we are offering you the ways to fix the Outlook email sending issues.
Outlook Not Sending Emails in MS Outlook 2019 and 2016
Try to Resend Email Message
Sometimes resending bits of help and no other technical troubleshooting is required. Here is how resending can be done.
- Right-click on the email that is stored in Outbox, and click Move and then Drafts folder.
- Open the stuck email in Drafts and select Send.
- Now the message will be sent, for this check Sent Folder if you can find the email there or it is still stuck in the Outbox.
Recheck the Recipient’s Address
Doing a mistake while typing the email address that is one possibility that your email is not sending. A little typo can stop Outlook from sending emails.
Check Network Connection
Without a strong internet connection, you cannot send emails from your Outlook email account. So, fix issues with your Internet connection if you are not able to send emails. For this, try these steps:
- On the Outlook window, look down at the Outlook Window, if it says Disconnected, Working Offline, or Trying to connect, Outlook is not connected to the email server.
- Click on the Send/Receive tab from the top ribbon.
- Tap on Work Offline from the Preferences menu.
- From there, you will see Connected to Server from the lower-right menu.
- Now, select Send/Receive All Folders.
- See if your email has been sent or is still saved in the Outbox.
Check Size of Attachments
Outlook allows you to send 20 megabytes of attachments from Internet accounts such as Gmail and Hotmail and 10 MB from Exchange accounts. But if you receive an error message regarding the size limit, you need to reduce the size of the attachment.
Sync New Password
It is important to sync the password if you have changed your Outlook password online. Otherwise, Outlook will not allow you to send or receive emails.
- Click File>> Account Settings
- Open Email tab
- Select email account and tap on Change
- Now, type in the update password from the Password menu.
- Click on Next >> Close >> Finish.
- Choose the Send/Receive All Folders from the top-right corner of Outlook and then click on F9 and see if you can send an email.
Repair Outlook Utility
Outlook might have damaged, and therefore it is not allowing you to send emails. Therefore, we suggest you repair Outlook on your device using the methods given below:
Repair Outlook 2016, 2013, and 2010 in Windows 10
- Close the Microsoft Office Apps
- Search for Apps and Features using the Windows search box.
- Click on Apps and features
- Now select Microsoft Office from the list of installed apps and features
- Select Modify and then Yes, if user account control window, ask “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?“
- Click on Online Repair and then Repair
- Restart Outlook after the repair session.
Repair Outlook 2016, 2013 or 2010 on Windows 8
- First, make sure that all the Microsoft Office applications are closed.
- Right-click on the Start menu.
- Select Control Panel
- Do not forget to select Category from the View By List
- Choose Uninstall a Programs under the Programs section.
- Right-click on Microsoft Office and select Change
- Choose Online Repair, if the option is available.
- Select Repair and then Yes, if you see Account Control Window
- Restart Outlook after repairing it.
Repair Outlook 2016, 2013 or 2010 on Windows 7
- Close the Microsoft Office applications
- From the Start menu click Control Panel
- Make sure that you select Category from the View by List
- From the Programs menu, select Uninstall a Program
- Choose Microsoft Office from the List of Programs
- Select Change> Online repair, if this option is available for your Microsoft version.
- Now, choose Repair>> Yes, if your user account control window is available.
- Restart your Outlook application.
How to Fix “Outlook not Sending Emails in Outlook” Issue on Mac 2016
In the case Mac version of Outlook, we suggest you perform basic troubleshooting that can help you get rid of Outlook mail sending issues:
Check Recipient’s Email
Any Typing issues, even a small dot, and coma can make a large difference. Therefore, make sure you cross-examine the recipient’s email address.
Check Network Connection
First, make sure that your device is connected to the internet. If there is an issue with the network connection, we suggest you fix the error as soon as possible. Open Outlook, and see if Work Offline is select and if it is selected, unselect the option.
Clear Empty Send Folder
Sometimes, few emails remain “stuck” in the Sent box. Any message that you have deleted, must be re-created- as deleted messages can’t be restored. Follow these steps:
- Open Sent Folder
- Clear all the messages from the Sent folder
- Close Outlook
- Restart Outlook
- Now check if the email sending issue has been resolved
Might Have Cross Email Sending Limit
Outlook has a daily sending limit. No user can cross the daily sending limit. Hence wait for the day to complete, if you have sent a large number of emails before.
You can even increase the daily sending limit by updating security settings. Go to the MS Account Security page and then click Update Info, verify your identity, and then update your security settings by following the online prompts.