Outlook is a popular email client using which you can send or receive emails. But lately, users have been complaining about facing errors while working with emails. The problem is when they try to send or reply to a message, an error dialogue with ‘Not Implemented’ message arises.
The Outlook ‘Not Implemented’ error takes place when you send, receive, forward, or reply to a message. In some cases, the error will also prevent you from checking the emails. Till the time the problem will not be resolved, you may miss checking some important emails. But before reaching the final solution, it is important to know the factors responsible for their occurrence.
Causes of Outlook error ‘Not Implemented’
- Outlook not installed properly
If you have two versions of MS Outlook installed on your system, this error can possibly arise. Moreover, if there are any issues with the properties of this email client or the settings are not compatible, you can expect the error.
- Faulty Add-ins
This issue can also arise if there are corrupted Outlook add-ins or plug-ins that may interrupt with the flawless functioning of Outlook.
Although antivirus is used for the protection of the system from an external virus, they may also be responsible for the improper functioning of Outlook. The reason is, it scans the emails before sending or receiving them and that may cause the disruption.
- Windows Update
If the error has started appearing just after you have updated Windows, the reason is obvious. Windows updates are not always helpful and sometimes they may bring a bug into your system.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix Outlook Not Implemented Error
Now, you know the causes, you can try fixing them by applying any of the given troubleshooting methods:
Run Outlook in Safe Mode
- Type the command outlook /safe in the Windows ‘Run’ dialog box and hit Enter to start Outlook in safe mode.
- Next, open Outlook Options, select Add-ins and press ‘Go’. This will open up a dialog box with all the installed add-ins. To disable them, uncheck all at once.
- After this, try to send, receive, reply or forward and emails and check if you are able to do so.
- If you are able to do that, you know the exact cause. Now, start enabling add-ins one by one and keep checking if you are able to send, receive, reply, or forward every time to detect the faulty add-in.
Correct Send and Receive Settings by recreating SRS file
- Go to the folder C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook\
- Rename the files Outlook.srs to a different name.
- Now, restart Outlook to recreate the SRS file automatically
- After the file is recreated, check if send/receive works.
Disable Anti-virus Program
It is important to have a good antivirus installed on your system but sometimes that may slow down the emailing process. The antivirus programs are configured to scan the emails before sending or receiving them. This will lead to disruption in the sending/receiving process and to fix it you can simply disable the antivirus setting to stop the scanning of emails.
Recreate Outlook Profile
One of the easiest way to fix the ‘not implemented’ error is by recreating a new profile as follows:
- Go to Control Panel and select the ‘Mail’ option.
- Select the option ‘Show Profiles’.
- Next, click the ‘Add’ button to create a new profile and set up your account manually or automatically.
Undo the Windows Update
If the Windows update is responsible for the error, you can revert the changes as follows:
- Press Windows key and I to open Settings.
- Next, click on ‘Update & Security’.
- Click on the option ‘View update history’.
- Choose the option ‘Uninstall updates’.
- Go through the list of updates installed on your system.
- Select ‘Update’ and click ‘Uninstall’ if you think the update is creating the error. You can repeat this for all the updates recently.
If none of the above steps works for you, you can use a PST Repair tool that is the best solution to fix all the problems related to PST files. The tool will easily repair and restore the corrupted or damaged PST files.
Read Also: Fix Outlook Error 0x8004010f