Troubleshoot Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f- One of Frequent Errors in Outlook
This issue basically affects the sending and receiving of the emails based on SMTP. This error often occurs unexpectedly and thus dealing with it becomes even more complex for users. The Outlook error 0x800ccc0f comes with the below-given message:
“Sending Error message (0x800ccc0f)”
This error can take place on every Outlook version such as Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and other previous versions. Not only standard Outlook users, but the Outlook Express users face the same issue while sending or receiving emails. Next, let’s understand the major cause of this issue:
Major reasons for the occurrence of Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f:
- Blocked incoming and outgoing emails using MS Outlook.
- Improper Server settings
- Internet connectivity issues with the Exchange server
- Wrong Outlook profile settings or corrupt Outlook profile
- Outlook OST file corruption.
If you have figured out the exact cause of the issues, try the below given-recovery methods.
Troubleshooting methods to resolve Outlook error 0x800ccc0f
There are multiple approaches to fix this technical hitch, but you need to try each of them till you come across the best match. After concluding the cause of Outlook error 0x800ccc0f in your case, try the below-given methods.
1. Check for the network connection errors:
Make sure that your device is properly connected to the internet as well as the exchange server. Checking the gateway network connection can help you to fix this issue. Make sure you check the configuration settings for server gateway as improper settings can give a kick to Outlook error 0x800ccc0f.
2. Disable the anti-virus program
The Outlook functioning can be disturbed by the interruption of antivirus or security programs. You can follow the below-given steps in order to disable the antivirus functioning:
- First, you need to open the Task Manager, then press and hold the combination of Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys altogether.
- Open the Start option and click right on the name of antivirus product and then disable it temporarily.
3. Restrict Windows Firewall protection:
- Go to the Search bar or Cortana button to open the Windows firewall protection.
- Type “Windows Firewall” in the search bar and select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, from the left pane, click “Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off”
- Select “Turn off the Windows Defender Firewall” option
4. Start Outlook in Safe Mode
You can run the MS Outlook in the Safe Mode. After switching the mode, you can disable the add-ins which you detect problematic and lead to Outlook error 0x800ccc0f. If any of the add-ins is creating this issue, removing it will fix the error.
Go to the Start menu or Run Dialog box, depends upon the version of Outlook you are using. Now in the search box, and type “outlook.exe /safe”.
5. Fix using Inbox Repair Tool:
If the issue still persists after using the above-given troubleshooting ways, you can pursue the recovery using Inbox Repair tool aka scanost.exe, which is basically the Windows inbuilt utility. This tool will fix the corruption and minor technical hindrances which can keep you from using MS Outlook email client in a proper manner. So, if corrupt files are the reason behind Outlook error 0x800ccc0f, try using ScanOST.exe to fix them.
6. Convert OST to PST (Universally useful)
If you are done trying all the above-given methods but the issue hasn’t improved, then you can try a professional tool which can convert OST file to PST and fix the Outlook error 0x800cccf. This is the most recommended method to fix sending and receiving technical glitches using MS Outlook. Though there are various tools available but Recovee OST to PST converter is known to produce best quality results. The major attraction of this tool is its self-explanatory GUI which makes the OST to PST conversion a straightforward process. No matter whether you are a novice or a tech-savvy user, this tool is apt for you. The demo version of this tool is available for free, so you can get an idea of its usefulness and purchase the premium version after trying the tool.