In a very short time, Telegram has become one of the most widely used apps across the globe. The number of features on this app is just immeasurable. Even if you have been using this app for quite a long time now, there would still be so much to explore on it that you wouldn’t even know about. Not just that, Telegram is also said to be one of the best alternatives to the world’s most famous messaging app, WhatsApp.
Although the app initially faced many controversies due to its privacy policies but is now one of the most commonly used apps for messaging with end-to-end encrypted messages having 100 percent safety. Not just that, Telegram has the most amazing and unique features to send to your friends and make the conversation even more interesting. But all of this revolves around the fact of how to log in to your telegram account and once logged in, how to log in to it on various devices? People tend to use multiple devices for logging in to their accounts. But you have got nothing to worry about because we have made this guide to help you log in to your Telegram account on multiple devices. But first, let’s have a look at why more and more people are using this platform and what makes it special.
Also, Read This: Comprehensive Guide to Sign up and Log into Zoom Account
What is it That Makes Telegram so Unique?
This one single app possesses so many cool and interesting features that one could just not restrict themselves from using it. Here’s a list of some of its features that makes it exceptional from the other apps:
- Telegram has a very simple and clean interface, making it very easy and convenient for the users.
- It allows you to create a broadcast group too, where only the admins are allowed to send messages.
- The app has a scannable QR code that you can use to invite new friends.
- You can easily log in to Telegram on more than one device at the same time.
- The app has introduced new animated emojis to make your conversation even more fun.
- The message and other content sent on Telegram via texts are safe and secured from any sort of outsiders.
- You can also add a second number on the same account on Telegram.
- There’s an option of secretly chatting on Telegram, where you can hide your messages.
Well, these were just a little preview, in reality, there’s so much more on Telegram that you will be astounded to discover at once.
Now that you have known the major features of Telegram and what makes it so special and unique, let’s get started with the ways to log in to your Telegram account on various devices.
Logging into Telegram on Mobile (Android/iOS)
Logging in to your Telegram account through mobile phones is extremely effortless, with the app, all you need is to follow the prompts appearing on your screen. Let’s see how:
- Download the app from the web store available on your mobile device. For Android-Google Playstore and iOS- Appstore.
- Once downloaded, launch the app on your mobile.
- Click on the “Start Messaging” option appearing on your screen.
- There, enter your country code and your phone number linked to the account.
- You will receive an SMS on the phone number you filled in.
- Fill in the code on the app and you are done, you are logged in to your Telegram account successfully.
Note: Make sure you fill in the phone number that is linked to your account because then only you will be able to log in to your Telegram account without any interruptions.
Next, let’s have a look at how we can log in to our Telegram account from our mobile device without the app.
Logging In To Telegram on Mobile (Android/iOS) From a Web Browser
If you don’t have the Telegram app on your mobile device or for some reason you don’t want to install the app, you can simply visit the web browser on your mobile device and log in to your Telegram account from that. Just follow these steps and you will be good to go:
- Launch the web browser on your phone and in the search bar type “Telegram Login”.
- Click on the very first link that appears on your page, you will land on the official web page of Telegram.
- There, click on the “Login by phone number” option.
- On the next page, fill in your country code and then the phone number that is linked to the account.
- And then, click on “Next”.
- Then, you will receive a verification code on the phone number you filled in.
- Fill in the OTP, and you are done.
- You can also click on the “Keep me signed In” option that is right at the bottom of the text box, by ticking on it, you won’t have to fill in your credentials every time you want to log in to your device.
Note 1: If you are using someone else’s mobile browser to log in to your Telegram account, in this case, you would not want to click on the “keep me signed in” option, because then your account will stay logged in, and the person can access your account anytime.
Note 2: The thing with logging in via the browser is that when you leave the browser, your account will be automatically logged out of the device, you don’t have to separately log out of the device every time. And if you have clicked on the “keep me signed in” option, you won’t be required to fill in the credentials to log in to your account next time.
Logging In To Telegram Via Desktop
People also prefer to log in to their Telegram account via desktop. Yes, you read that right, you can log in to your Telegram account on your desktop, be it Windows or Mac. All you have to do is know the right steps and you will be able to operate from your desktop without any interruptions. Here’s how you can do that:
Just like when logging in from the mobile, logging in from the desktop has two ways-
From the Telegram App
- Download the Telegram app on your device to begin. There are multiple versions available on the web, you can download the one that matches your system’s compatibility.
- Once downloaded, install the app on your device and launch it.
- Click on the “Start Messaging” option.
- Next, fill in your country code and the phone number of the account registered with it.
- Then, you will receive a verification code on the phone number that you filled. Fill in the OTP in the given text box.
- Once filled in the code, click on “Next” and you’ll be logged in to your Telegram account.
Note: If you have enabled two-factor authentication for your Telegram account, you will have to fill in a cloud password after filling out the OTP. After filling in the password only you will be able to log in to your Telegram account.
Another way of logging into your Telegram account from the desktop is from the web. It doesn’t matter if you use the app or web until you are well aware of the right steps, there shouldn’t be any problem while logging in.
From the Web
- Launch your device’s web and in the search bar, type “Telegram Login”.
- Click on the very first link from the appeared options.
- Fill in your country code and the phone number linked to your account.
- Then, you will receive a verification code on the registered mobile number.
- Fill in the OTP to proceed,
- Once filled in, click Next and you are done.
Another way of logging in to your Telegram account from the web is via the QR code. Here’s how you can use it:
- Click on the “Login by QR Code” option that is right at the bottom of the text box.
- Then, to use the QR code to log in to your Telegram account, you will have to launch the app on your mobile device and visit the settings sections of it.
- In the settings, click on “Device” and then on “Link Desktop Device”.
- Your app will open a camera-like screen to scan the QR code that is on your desktop’s screen.
- Scan the code and you will automatically have your Telegram account logged in on your desktop.
When it comes to logging into a Telegram account from the web, most people prefer using the QR code. The reason behind this method is quite easy and convenient to perform and in no time, you will have your Telegram account logged in.
Now that you have learned all the possible ways to log in to your Telegram account, let’s now have a look at some Telegram login and other issues that people might face quite often.
Telegram Login Issues
No doubt, Telegram is an amazing app, but there are some log in issues that people frequently complain about. One of the most common ones is registration error.
This might have happened to you too while logging in to your Telegram account when you fill in the registration code, it says “Incorrect code, please try again later”.
Now, this might confuse you a little because you have typed in the right code, there is absolutely nothing to worry about because this may happen when you have an unstable internet connection or there’s a minor typing error.
You can simply wait for a while and try logging in again by following the same process again and you’ll be good to go.
There’s not a single app or website that doesn’t face any such minor issues and errors. Whatever the case is, all you have to do is follow the right steps and in case of an error, make sure you have the right credentials filled in, and your internet connection is stable.
Here are some frequently asked questions about Telegram and its related errors:
Q1. Is it possible to log in to your Telegram account without using your mobile number?
Ans. You cannot log in to your Telegram account without using your phone number. You can use the QR code while using the desktop but for that too you will be required to log in to your Telegram account on your mobile phone where you will eventually have to use your mobile number.
Q2. What is the maximum number of accounts you can use on Telegram?
Ans. You can use up to three different accounts on Telegram with different phone numbers as well.
Q3. Can you log in to the same Telegram account on more than one device?
Ans.Yes, you can actually log in to the same Telegram account on multiple devices altogether.