Summary: In this Article, you’ll get to read about —
There are 28 States and 8 Union Territories in India at present. Governing all of them from the capital of the country, i.e., New Delhi is quite impossible. The regional significance of States located from North to South & East to West has to be considered while providing its people with the best possible administration.
You may aspire to join the civil service of Uttar Pradesh by successfully competing for the UPPSC examination. Likewise, the BPSC is conducted by the Bihar Public Service Commission which will make you a part of the Bihar Administration once you clear it successfully.
No matter which state you belong to, it is essential to complete the examinations at each level. Go ahead and prepare for the provincial civil exams by BYJU’s Exam Prep hub where you will find all answers to your queries.
The UPPSC and BPSC syllabus is a little similar. As both are State PCS exams, therefore, majority of questions are based on the respective states as well. You will find the syllabus for the upcoming examination described in the notification too. However, it is best to concentrate on the first part initially and go through the syllabus of the Prelims or preliminary examination.
You would have to answer questions about General Studies in two papers. The subjects covered in each are as follows:-
- Indian History including that of the Indian National Movement
- Indian politics along with Governance
- Geography of India & the World
- Economic and Social Development
- Environment and Ecology
- General Science
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Test of Mental ability in general
- Logical reasoning and analytical thinking
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Elementary Mathematics
- English (up to Class X level)
- Hindi (up to Class X level)
It is the Bihar Public Service Commission that sets the questions for the BPSC examination. As with other provincial civil exams, the questions of the preliminary exams are more general. You do not require specialized language skills or be aware of the latest advancements in science and theology. Being able to solve simple mathematical problems that are easily done by a student of class X is enough.
Going through the syllabus will help you to prepare diligently. Here are the subjects that you must read through:-
- General Science
- Important National and International Events
- History of Bihar
- Indian History
- General Geography
- Geography specific to Bihar
- Indian polity and economy
- Changes in Bihar’s economy after independence
- Role of Bihar in the Indian National Movement
- General Mental Ability
UPPSC & BPSC Prelims: What’s the Difference?
While both the examinations relate to the respective states, there are a few points of difference between the preliminary syllabus for UPSC and BPSC. Of special significance are the following:-
- You have to take two papers for UPPSC, while only 1 is required for BPSC.
- The first paper of general studies for UPPSC includes 150 questions with the same number of questions included in the only paper for BPSC too. The second paper on general studies consists of 100 questions for the UPPSC preliminary exams.
- The total marks for BPSC exams are 150, whereas that for UPPSC exams are 200 for each paper.
- You must be careful about negative scoring in UPPSC, while BPSC does not have any negative marking.
Make sure to attend free BYJU’ S Exam Prep online classes while preparing for UPSC, UPPSC, or BPSC examinations. The syllabus may seem easy initially, but remember that you will be competing with lakhs of civil service aspirants from across India. Get all assistance possible from BYJS by opting for its study materials. BYJU’S Exam Prep classes have proved to be very effective with a majority of the students achieving success.