PST Viewer from Recovery Toolbox is popular software that allows you to completely recover practically lost data. https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/pst-viewer.html – here you can get initial information about installation and further use. And also, fully familiarize yourself with other component programs for further use.
Working in Microsoft Outlook can bring some discomfort at certain times. One of them is the corruption of files located in the user’s folders. This is due to a large number of accumulated letters and contacts files.
At any given moment, you may lose access to the files. Microsoft has a tool for this problem, but a majority of users have found it difficult to use. Therefore, it is way better to replace it with a much easier and improved tool called recovery toolbox for Outlook.
There are several versions of this tool which are the online and offline versions.
How to Access the Online Version
First, go to Outlook Recovery Tool. Here you will need to fill in your email and the site will automatically recover the files you need.
The only setbacks are you cannot repair files without Internet access and cannot repair large files. But if you have no intention of downloading the full software, the online version is best for you.
Below are the steps to accessing the online version.
- Go to the website.
- Enter your email
- Enter the symbols on a picture to pass the captcha test.
- Recovery may take some time, so you need to wait a bit.
- The last point is downloading and saving the PST file.
How to Access the Offline Version
You can also use the offline version of what you feel like downloading the tool to your computer. It also does the same job.
The offline option is a suitable Recovery Toolbox PST Viewer.
After the transition, you can easily install the program, which will be convenient to use in the future. However, it must be borne in mind that in this case, it is better to pay attention to the licensed version.
- First, you need to download the installation file, install it. It is better to use only licensed links for going, downloading.
- Inside select the PST file.
- See recovery modes; choose the one that suits you.
- All elements have been fixed and you can now access them by previewing them.
After the recovery has taken place, it is always recommended to restart your computer. Allow it to fully boot to get the speed of work, programs, opening files, and folders.
Advantages of the PST Viewer
Below are some advantages to the PST Viewer:
- The interface of the PST viewer is very simplistic and organic and will attract anyone who would visit it.
- It is easy to use with clear instructions.
- It is practical and has a user-friendly interface.
- It is suitable for all versions of Windows, although it might be a little problematic with the older versions.
- It recovers various file formats. Moreover, the program provides not only an analysis of damaged folders but also the consideration of the existing ones. This is to avoid further loss.
- Initially, you can view the entire list of lost documents. If you wish, you can return only the most necessary files. This will simplify further actions if half of the information the user did not need anyway.
- It works with Outlook x64.
Stages of Folders Repair
Recovering lost data is easy, but like any recovery, it requires several sequential steps.
The first stage examines, reads the damaged PST file.
The second provides analysis and recovery of lost data. The difference is that the first action provides information so that you can identify an existing problem, fix it, and help repair information.
Next comes the saving of already corrected saved files. But sometimes you need to pay attention to the folder size, the more MB, the longer the processing will take. In this program, this is not a critical problem, but it’s always best to keep it in consideration.
Therefore, before looking for certain flaws, pay attention to the weight, file extension in the folder. After all, the speed of recovery directly depends on this.
The use of the program is intended only for recovering damaged files. For software, this is the right decision. If you overload such analogs with additional parameters, functions, this leads to deterioration in performance.
Simply put, if, if you try to “chase two birds with one stone,” you lose both beds then, as a result, there will be no positive result. It’s the same here. The program is not to be overloaded with additional functions, this way it performs its assigned tasks clearly and competently.
Cons of PST Viewer
If you conduct any analysis, then you should always pay attention not only to the positive aspects but also to the negative aspects. As they say, there are no ideal people, the same applies to technologies, developments, everything that surrounds us, what we use. The program also has its drawbacks. They are not critical, but it is still worth identifying which points may confuse the user.
Some of the cons of the tool include:
- There are certain groups of contacts that cannot be restored.
- The purchased license for the offline version costs $50, which is a lot of money but you can also use the online version for $10.
- It can be used on computers where Microsoft Windows was originally installed but if the user runs another OS, then it is better to use the online version.
The advantages of using this program, however, outweigh the disadvantages.
At the moment, this software is one of the best options. And in terms of content, cost, ease of use.
How to Install the Offline Program?
A step-by-step instruction
- Download Recovery Toolbox for Outlook here
- Install Recovery Toolbox for Outlook in Windows
- Start Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
- Select a PST file on the first page of the program
- Select the Recovery mode
- View the content of the PST file
- Select a folder for saving recovered data
- Select the Save as PST file mode
- Click Save
Using the Online version
If you do not have the Windows OS, you can use PST Viewer from Recovery Toolbox in the online version without downloading and installing it on your computer. The online tool is available at Outlook Recovery Tool.
Using the web version, you can restore the .pst file and save it to your PC with the same extension. The steps to doing this can be found on the webpage but here is a quick run-down.
- Load the file by pressing a special button.
- Put in your email address into the field below;
- Put in the characters from the captcha into the next field, so that the program is finally convinced that “I am not a robot“.
- Click “Next“;
- Wait for the completion of the restoration;
- Download the corrected PST file to a folder.
Next, you can consider reading: How to Fix “Outlook PST Has Encountered a Catalog Checkpoint Error”